Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Bad Genes

I said earlier that I would post more about going to the optometrist. So, we went in just for a regular ol' check up. Micah has never had her eyes check, Alyssa hasn't since she before she started kindergarten, and I haven't in nearly 5 years. I knew that my eyes weren't so great and I wanted to get contacts, but I didn't really think the girls eyes were going to be bad at all. Wrong! Alyssa's right eye is absolutely normal. It has 20/20 vision, but the left eye is terrible. It has 20/400 vision (not really even sure what that means except WAY bad), and is farsighted. If her eye was to go 'unfixed' she would eventually lose vision completely in that eye. Good thing we caught it before she went blind! Turns out farsightedness is genetic. I am farsighted in my left eye too. On to Micah. In children it's normal to be farsighted, but only to a certain extent. For Micah's age they should be between 4-5 steps or stages (I don't remember the wording the doctor used), and Micah is at a 10 on both eyes. I'm thinking great, I have 2 blind children, probably even 3. I need to make Lily an appointment soon now. Anyways, here are some pictures of my 4-eyed cuties



3 comments:

  1. I think we might be joining you. Anya and Amari failed their eye exam at the doctors. Now we have an appointment with eye doctor on the Sept. 7th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have caught this so soon. Don't think Carlie would have had some of her problems in school had we known one eye was extremely lazy when she was 3 or 4. The girls are darling in their glasses!! Glad technology has improved that they don't have to have coke-bottle-bottom glasses like your mom and I did when we were growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. They look so so so cute in glasses! ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete