Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Dance Festival '11

Every year, before summer break, Alyssa's school has a dance festival where each grade gets to perform a dance. The dances are fun for the kids and I enjoy seeing Alyssa out there having fun, but I do need to say, "Come on Fox Hollow! Is it that hard to come up with at least 2 different dances that you can alternate each year for each grade?!" Seriously, every grade each year does the exact same dance. I know, if we are in the same school, that in 2 years I will be seeing Micah dance to Splish Splash. Oh, and the same can be said for the Christmas concert. Same songs, same grades, every year. There are thousands of Christmas songs to choose from. Okay, I think I'm done with my rant, and don't get me wrong, I do love going to see my kids do their little concerts.
Here is Alyssa dancing:

(Don't get me started on the fact that it's High School Musical and that would have been fine if it was done 3 years ago, which they were, but should not still be doing!)
Here is Micah dancing along with the 6th graders:

She cracks me up!
I tried making Lily a ruffle shirt, but it didn't turn out like I hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment