Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Today was a great day! I got to sleep in until 9 and took a long well needed nap. Plus Alyssa gave me a homemade (well, really school made) card and read me a cute little poem. All of which Micah took credit for too. I really loved the poem. So, here it is:
Hats Off To Mother
My mother's job is sometimes hard, and I have hear her say,
'The hours are long, and if I could, I'd like to change the pay.'
Her profession has variety, and I will tell you now
About the many hats she wears-and why and when and how.
1. My mommy's a nurse who fixes and patches
All of my hurts and my sores and my scratches.
2. My mother's a chef who fixes each dinner
Fit for a king-a blue-ribbon winner!
3. My mom's a chauffeur who drives pretty slow
But gets me to places where I need to go.
4. My mom's a detective, and no one is greater
At getting the truth from me sooner or later.
5. My mommy's a gardener and works really hard.
Planting and weeding and grooming out yard.
6. My mother's a maid-at least that's what she said-
'Cause she cleans up the house and makes everyone's bed.
7. My mother's an angel-a queen in disguise-
Who teaches me with love in her eyes.
Today take these hats off, and please wear no other.
Let me do your work, to show I LOVE YOU MOTHER!

After that cute poem with all the cute little cut-out hats on sticks, I asked if Alyssa was really going to wear all my hats today. She replied with silence, but Micah said that she'd wear my hats. I don't think she really understood what I was asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment